Collagen P.I.N. Pre & Post Care Instructions
BEFORE YOUR COLLAGEN P.I.N. TREATMENT:
- 6 months prior, avoid the use of Accutane.
- For 2 weeks prior, avoid all laser or IPL procedures, unprotected sun exposure, or sunburn.
- For 5-7 days prior, do not use topical agents that may increase sensitivity of skin such as retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, acids that may be drying or irritating to the skin (such as alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) beta hydroxyl acids (BHA), exfoliating masks, salicylic acids, hydroquinone, and benzoyl peroxide acne products).
- For 5-7 days prior, no waxing, depilatory creams, or electrolysis to the area being treated.
- For 3 days prior, do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin, or Advil. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
- If you are prone to cold sores, take an antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment.
- Do not shave the area on the day of the procedure to avoid skin irritation. If there is dense hair present in the treatment area, closely shave the area the day before you arrive to your appointment. Moles, warts, or actinic (solar)keratosis cannot be treated.
- Immediately after your medical microneedling procedure, your health care provider will apply EXOE stem cell exosomes for faster recovery and better results along with moisturizer and sunscreen.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen, Motrin, or Advil for one week after the treatment. DO NOT apply ice to the face or use arnica or bromelain. These agents may interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
- Use Tylenol as needed for soreness.
- Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for two weeks. After 24 hours, always use a full spectrum sunscreen SPF 30 or above. When exposed to the sun, wear a hat and apply sunscreen every two hours.
What to do: Days 1-3
- A sunburn-like effect is normal. The skin will feel tight, dry, and sensitive to the touch. Treat your skin with care, washing with a gentle cleanser, cool water, using hands only and pat dry no sooner than 4 hours after treatment. Redness or sensitivity will likely be present so plan your social calendar accordingly.
- Avoid strenuous exercises that cause sweating. Avoid the jacuzzi, sauna, or steam baths for 24 hours after treatment due to open pores, or up to 48 hours if inflammation is present.
- No makeup for the first 24 hours after your treatment.
- If needed, use an extra pillow and sleep on your back with your head elevated to minimize swelling or pain.
What to do: Days 2-7
- You may begin peeling 3-5 days after the treatment. You will notice skin dryness and flaking. This is due to an increased turnover of skin cells. Do not pick, scratch, or scrub at treated skin. Allow old skin to flake off naturally.
- Keep your skin moisturized at all times – this is essential. For extra dry skin, apply moisturizer every two hours if needed.
What to do: Days 5-7
- You may resume your regular skincare products and/or Retin-A once your skin is no longer irritated.
- Many patients have noticed continued skin improvement for several months following treatment.
- For best results, we recommend a series of 3 to 5 treatments, completed 4-6 weeks apart, depending on your personalized care plan.